Friday, November 30, 2007

Best Birthday Wishes For A Crush

reborn

It 'so that I do not write ... In all this time I became a member of ' ImoLUG , or Linux User Group Imola & Faenza.
For the uninitiated a LUG (Linux User Group = Linux Users Group) is a cultural association formed by fans and even newcomers to the simple operating system, just Linux.In this association we care to bring to the attention of other people 's existence of a free operating system, or without a license fee and also a philosophy, the philosophy of open source (= open source) which is the basis of this system.

sull'ImoLUG Come to find out more, visit the link in the right section or go on www.imolug.org

Yes. I did. After being at the Linux Day Granarolo Faentino .... (Love is bringing me x) I raised my laptop.
How? Well, nothing like Frankenstein (including the version of Mel Brooks) I just installed one of the many distributions (see versions) that are free with various magazines (in my case Linux & C.).
I installed openSUSE 10.3 and I am very pleased.
He recognized everything, absolutely EVERYTHING without any specific driver. He acknowledged
:

Integrated 10/100/1000 network adapter built-in wireless card

analog modem integrated video card (ATI Mobility Radeon 9600)
integrated webcam

What's more trouble-free set has the resolution of the LCD 17 "1440x900 as it should be.
I installed the impossible in terms of packages software (which you choose upon installation). A total of 6GB!
I would point out to non-experts with Windows during installation installs only what rigurda windows. with Linux I have installed the entire suite OpenOffice, open source version similar in Microsoft Office.
The handset has a feature that basically emulates HyperThreading CPU 2 when physically there is only 1.
Well, Linux runs without any problems. In addition, the cooling fan works much less than when mounted windows.
Last but not least, with several drawers and USB external drives connected to USB ports I installed (the technical term to say that I did see a linux disk) all external drives that I had with windows.
The nice thing is that I did not have to do anything except plug the USB connector! Linux has done the rest.
Note: mounted without problems NTFS5 partition of Windows XP.

Unfortunately I can not completely divest itself of Windows, also because I have some programs (Access, AutoCAD, etc. ..) and for linux there are or not, however, are so advanced .... but fear not ... as someone once said: "the impossible already I do, I'm gearing up for the miracles. "
VIVA LINUX.


Hello, you next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment